Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday Magic: Airports

I was sitting in our team's weekly meeting when a discussion on a promo we have as a tie-up with an airline sent me in a daze. All I needed to hear was the word airline to give my mind permission to wander off.

I miss the airport-the spacious lounges, the yellow lights at night, the glossy granite floors, the extremely tall ceilings, the beautiful tie-in of silver and metal columns with the interiors.


Everything about it is so romantic for me. Even the people from all walks of life that pass through that large enclosure. I find the place so amazing, because every single person who passes through is never the same when they pass by the second or third or nth time. The exchange student, the businessman, the backpacker, the soul searcher, the rich, the famous, basically everyone. No exceptions. And even if it stays in one place it's always so full of life.

I like it so much because I imagine it as a launch pad. A starting point from which anywhere is reachable and anything is possible. The endless opportunities it represents is such a powerful source of inspiration. It's a wonderland of its own class. It stands as the busiest places in developed cities, not just physically, but also mentally. Its a crossroad for a million thoughts. People traveling from one point to another. People crossing from one stage in life to another. Some people even coming back home to retrace their roots.

It's places like this where genius is born. Places like this where life is at its fullest. Places where time is immemorial. Any dream is possible. Any hope is achievable.

It was with that realization that my daydream ended. My attention was called by the boss who was asking about the status of another promo we had. It's funny how just one word that was mentioned in passing, during a serious discussion in the office, took me away to a place where my heart couldn't stop fluttering from excitement and my thoughts couldn't contain the words I needed to express.

Monday Magic is one of seven special weekly stories I'll write about the different things that are meaningful to me.



Hanggang sa muli!

P.S. I have so many good associations with NAIA Terminal 3, hence my dedicated love for airports. Wasn't exactly describing NAIA earlier. I just pictured a really nice airport. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment