Monday, June 21, 2010

Powerful Words

I love writing. I always have. The earliest memory I have of my imagination running its course from my hand through the pen to the paper was when I was 9 years old! I'm not really good with keeping the things I write down so I can't really share them with you. I do recall that my earliest fantasies were
of princesses and big castles in the forest.

Even back then I was a literary writer. I love the colors and smells that words are able to evoke in a person. It is rare for me to run out of words to describe an experience. There are so many ways to describe something that I find there's always a reason for one to write.

The good thing about writing is that your experience never ends. Long after it has passed, you can still come back to it in full color. It also becomes communal property because people are able to share with your experience. And the influence becomes endless.

It's just sad when people use words as swords to kill other people's happiness. I think words should be used to inspire. Not to murder.



Hanggang sa muli!

3 comments:

  1. agreed! words are powerful. but can be used in both good and evil ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, help me with this, you're blogging no more? :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh, yeahp! :)

    Alps, what a coincidence. I'm about to write a new entry and you ask this. Haha. I was just waiting for "inspiration" to come. :P

    ReplyDelete