Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Retrospection 2009

It's almost the end of the year, but for my blog things have just started. I've been looking through the hundreds, maybe thousands, of photos taken this year. Retrospection allows me to see the changes happening to myself. It's quite bittersweet. I've matured, but there's a part of me that wishes
I could go back. Relive & extend the moments which made me especially happy. No one is indispensable. Every single person in this picture is a cherished part of who I am.

The image in the center, the one with me posing like the Oblation explains what my 2009 really felt like. Freedom. No, I'm not trying to be emo. It's just that I learned a lot of things to prepare me for the freedom that comes with being 21 years old.

Mostly, it's my friends who have influenced, inspired & changed my beliefs, perspectives and, ultimately, my life's direction. It's both a good thing & a bad thing. A good thing because my life has changed for the better. Bad because He wasn't very much involved in it. This year was amazing. But I'm looking forward to a much more wonderful 2010, having a renewed relationship with him.

Funny thing is, after doing this collage I realized I don't have a photo with my family. In all 365 days. Not a single one. Or maybe I've misplaced them. Oh well... Maybe that's why I'm so keen on having a family picture taken.

 

Hanggang sa muli!

P.S. Majority of the photos aren't mine, but were used with the owner's consent to copy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment